Diagnosed with tonsillitis. On penicillin. Feeling light headed and legs feel restless. How long?

I have been diagnosed with tonsillitis and have been in penicillin since Monday. My throat feels a lot better but I am very very lightheaded and my legs feel restless. How long will this go on for
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A week's time

Detailed Answer:

I am glad your throat is better now.

Yes, you do feel lightheaded and the legs feel restless when you are on Penicillin or any antibiotic for that matter.

Please drink plenty of warm water orally and try to move around a bit to stretch your legs.

This should go away in a week's time or after 1 to 2 days of stopping the drug Penicillin.

Wish you quick recovery.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with tonsillitis. On penicillin. Feeling light headed and legs feel restless. How long? 2 minutes later
Anything i can take to stop the lightheadedness??
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Electrolyte replacement solutions

Detailed Answer:

You can take electrolyte replacement solutions like Medilyte or Resomol solution to get rid of the lightheadedness. This is available over the counter in your local pharmacy.

You could also take fresh fruit juices. This will replace the electrolytes. Water is important to maintain the hydration, and that is why I asked you to drink plenty of warm water in my earlier reply.

Get well soon.