Diagnosed with several adhesion in neck. How serious is this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have been diagnos with several adheasions in 2 and 3 ares of my neck. how serious is this? XXXXXXX age 63 and a abused housewife with several blows to neck. Iwas also hit head on bu a druck teenager in 1978 through
thru the front and several times on the left side hanging out
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 11 minutes later
The adhesions that have been detected in the neck are due to the recurrent injuries in the area and a scar formation. This is responsible for the symptoms that you are having like tendency to fall, room spins, etc. The adhesions are not serious as long as there is no nerve root compression in the area of cervical spine.
You can get an MRI scan of the neck done to assess the severity of the problem. Most of the times, the symptoms can be taken care of with betahistine, mild pain killers and muscle relaxants. Avoiding abnormal neck positions will also help. Do consult your physical therapist for neck strengthening exercises for a long term symptomatic relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.