Diagnosed with radial nerve palsy. Is it related with parkinsons disease?

Hello, I have been diagnosed with Radial Nerve Palsy. I have not had any fractures, injuries or surgeries. Could the Radial Nerve Palsy have anything to do with me having Parkinsons Disease?
Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 3 hours later

Could you give more detailed description of your problem as regards to when you noticed it; is it increasing, how is your weakness, do have numbness or sensory loss.

I also would like to know how the diagnosis of radial nerve palsy was done. If a radial nerve palsy with Parkinson’s disease.

There is a single article published in 1985 with four cases of advanced Parkinson's disease confined to wheel chair with radial nerve palsy at arm or elbow due to pressure over the elbow level. Just check your nerve conduction study report, if the compression is at level of elbow and you are chair bound it can be due to compression (which is indirectly due to parkinsonism).

Best Wishes,
Dr. Neeraj Baheti