Diagnosed with prostate infection. Tested for HIV, hep b and syphilis. Why getting headache?

I came down with what was diagnosed a prostate infection and proscribed 3 weeks of cipro . I started to get headaces and also horizontal toenail ridges while on cipro. Doing the worst thing ever I googled symptoms and convinced myself i had hiv as this was about 3 months after a sexual encounter. Then went to a doctor and had some antibiotic needle shot and tested for hiv , hep b and syhpilis. Also I was prescribed 10 days of doxycilene and sent on my way. By this time i was so stressed i was getting stress headaches daily at least I think they were due to stress. The tests all came back negative this was 18 weeks after possible exposure. The fear kind of went away but I was still getting mild headaches and lightheaded at times i then was also prescribed a mother 60 tabs of doxycilene but about a week in developed oral thrush which my doctor is assuring me is from the prolonged antibiotics. I am currently getting headaches again and on day 5 of nystatin swish and swallow for the trush which seems to have gotton better but still there. My question is (a) is a eia a/b conclusive negative at 18 weeks for all hiv strains also i had a negative oral quick test that week as well. (B) if these infections were due to hiv would I most defiantly of tested positive. (C) is it common for that many antibiotics to cause oral thrush and will it go away within the 10 day medication i was prescribed. (D) could the headaces truly just be from my stress?
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
does not appear to be hiv

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

You have undergone a good enough test for HIV at 18 weeks andthat has come negati've. Also your oral test has also come negative. Now these two evidences are enough to prove that you are HIV negative.

Moreover HIV doesn't show such full blown presentation in such a short time. Your oral thrush is most probably due to prolonged anti biotic. And it will generally recover in 15 days.

You have prostate infection and they are generally very resistant. Best would be to do a culture and sensitivity of your semen sample. That will determine, exactly which anti biotic will be required.

Stress of HIV infection is significant. The headaches can be due to that. May be you can try getting some supportive psychotherapies in which you can vent out your anxiety.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.