Diagnosed with osteomyelitis. Suffer constant pain and fever. Should I see a doctor?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I was diagnosed with osteomyelitis 8 years ago and I still suffer with constant pain and fever what kind of doctor should I see
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to consult orthopaedic surgeon

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

Osteomyelitis can remain quiescent for many years in dormant state .If host immunity decreases organisms start multiplying and lead to fever and pain.

I will advise to consult orthopaedic surgeon to assess for any acute on chronic osteomyelitis.
He will check clinically regarding any persistent infection.
When such case comes to our hospital, we advise blood investigation like Complete blood count, ESR, CRP, 3 phase bone scan. And if required MRI of affected bone.

Depending on state of infection medications can be given in form of antibiotic, or if required debridement with sequestrectomy can be done.

I will advise you to improve your immunity to combat against osteomyelitis by high protein food, and some herbal immunity boosters.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.