Diagnosed with medical abortion. Was having soreness around vagina. Guide

Hi ,
Pelvic examination and vaginal swabs done
Got diagnosed with Thrush after medical abortion but the Doctor gave me a course of antibiotics to rule out every possibility of infection . Just to note that I never had fever severe pains and vaginal bleeding . Only I was experiencing soreness around my vagina and sharp pinching like pains on and off .. so I guess it was thrush .. no vaginal discharge .

Now getting treatment for thrush Clotrimazole . Used the pessary last week . Most of the symptoms have gone away but very mild sensation can be felt around my vagina .
Also My TVS was fine one month agon and showed no signs of infections
Can you please guide on any fertility issues it can cause or any other possibilities as I want to conceive asap .
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

From your description, a medical abortion with an appropriate course of antibiotics with an uneventful evolution is good. It poses not risk factor to future fertility prospects. Candida infection or thrush has been rarely or almost never implicated in the Sexually Transmitted Infection spectrum responsible for infertility. It therefore should not be a source of jeopardy for any future pregnancies.

Your past medical history as an important factor to consider.
How was your menstrual cycle before? Regular or irregular?
Any past history of gynecological or other surgery?
Any history of sexually transmitted infections before?
Have had previous pregnancies?
These are all questions very important during the clinical inquiry.

Based on the clinical findings you just presented, in case you have no major event in your past medical history, I think you have very high chances of getting pregnant. This is based on the assumption that your partner has no fertility problems.

I suggest you consult your gynecologist for advice and care.

Thanks and best regards,
Dr Luchuo, MD.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with medical abortion. Was having soreness around vagina. Guide 11 hours later
Have a bad thrush . Repeated pessaries twice . Can you please tell me how long foed it take to cure thrush .

Would be greatful if any gynaecologist can look into the query
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 12 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,

The duration of treatment usually depends on the site, the frequency of infection and the intensity. As I mentioned earlier, it might be interesting to do a culture of the sample to identify the specific causative organism, carryout antibiotic sensitivity testing to know exactly which drug works and prescribe the adapted drug in adequate doses and timelines.

I urge you to book an appointment with your gynecologist for proper clinical examination and management.

Thanks and hope this helps.

Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.