Diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Have chest tightness and unexplained bruise. Cause and cure?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
i have a unexplained bruise on the side of my XXXXXXX and before this i got my period 10 apart from my previous period. I'm wondering if these are signs of something else. I have been diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism but this is the first time I've had these symptoms. Also, I feel a little tightness in my chest today not sure if it is totally unrelated.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
In most cases this isnt serious, but many people are concerned when notice unexplained bruise. If you dont remember any trauma(you could have trauma while sleeping too, or you didnt notice it) than this bruise is usually caused by benign haematologic disorder. YOu should do lab tests,including clooting factors, trombocytes and prothrombine time. The same disorder can affect your periods too. Ask your GP about those blood tests.
Hyperthyroidism can affect periods as well,and also cause chest pain. Checl T3 and T4 levels. It can be regulated by medicines. If you check those 2 things and it is normal then you dont have to worry.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"