Diagnosed with hpv. After pap smear and biopsy suggested everything normal. Can I get infected again?

hello, i want ask you if i was diagnose with hpv hi risk cervical about a week ago by papsmir so the doctor did biopsy and a week later she called me ad tell me that everything is ok she cut everything and now i dont have anything, and i dont have a virus,but as long as i know if you have hpv is staying in your body at least for 2 years and there no cure for this virus so is this true that she cut it by biopsy and i dont have virus any more? and also i want to ask if i have hi risk hpv in cevical can i have it in the oral and if is a big chance that i can have the oral cancer? do i need to go check to the specialist about that? and one more question so if i was diagnose with hpv that mean my husband have that too, and if im clean now and have a sex with my husband can i get infected again ? and have it again hpv hi risk? thank you
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 19 days later
Brief Answer:
Follow up required

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on XXXXXXX

No, its not possible to cut all the virus. All we can do is the treatment which can reverse the changes in cervical cells. Most of the HPV infection usually clear by themselves. So, if you have virus and no disease related to it then you don't need any treatment. You just need a close follow up to see the clearance of virus.

Its not necessary that you will have oral HPV also. But it can be there and if its there it can be a high risk factor for oral cancer.

Main mode of transmission for HPV is sexual route. So, you and your husband can have it from each other.

Good Luck
Hope this information is helpful and informative.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: