Diagnosed with high TSH level. Taking medicine. Feels burning sensation and itching in scalp. Related?

Hello doctor,
I am 50 yrs. old, female recently diagnosed with high tsh level of 8.34. My t3 t4 levels are normal. I am taking medicines for it. I sometimes feel a burning sensation and itching in my scalp. Is it in any way related to my high tsh levels? What should i do to get relief?
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
It seems that you may be suffering from some local problem of scalp since you are complaining of itching and burning and that too only on your scalp.
Although some general cause likeĀ 
Deficiency of zinc,calcium,VIT B
Use of birth control pillsĀ 
Use of hair dyes can cause itchy and burning scalp but most likely the cause should be local,in your case.
The most important local cause is dandruff which can be caused by seborrhic dermatitis,eczema,psoriasis,fungal infection etc.
Ideally you must consult a dermatologist to look for the cause and treatment since treatment would depend upon finding the exact cause.

Pending your visit to dermatologist,do the following
Massage your scalp lightly for 15 minutes twice a day.
Apply coconut oil or almond oil twice a week followed by shampoo next day.
Eat healthy by taking fresh fruits,green vegetables and nuts like walnuts and almond.
Take proper calcium,zinc,VIT B and VIT D supplements.
Control your diabetes and thyroid well.
High TSH is not the cause for your itchy scalp.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck