Diagnosed with guillain barre syndrome with the possibility of ms. Required treatment?

Nov 2013

Hi,im 56 male i have been ill since i was 24yrs i was dianosed with XXXXXXX barre with the possibillity of ms when i was 48 i went blind in 1 eye { left} my mri,s have been clear i have weakness in my legs i drag my left leg especially when tied, i get dramaticaly effected from heat to the point where i can,t walk and crash on the lounge and when it cools down i get back to square 1.I have had every blood test known to man,my arms are week when i hold them straight out in front of me. i have symptoms as long as my arm can you help.cheers XXXXXX,i live in Australia.
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Guillain Barre syndrome (GBS) is a monophasic illness, that is, once cured, it does not get worse. However, incomplete recovery may occur in some people.

However, your current symptoms are unrelated to GBS. MRI of brain and spine may be repeated. Other tests helpful in making a disgnosis of MS are CSF analysis (lumbar puncture), including CSF for oligoclonal bands. Evoked potential studies are also helpful.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog: