Diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Have ache behind knees and sore jaws. Suggest?

ENT Specialist

i am 57 years old and been diagnosed with fibromyalgia,,i have ache behind my knees and my jaw is sore at both sides at lower jaw bone,,also my elbows feel a bit burny..i saw my dr yesterday as i was worried about swollen glands in these places ..she checked my jaw and said no glands..can she be missing something? thanks XXXXXXX
i am worried about lymphoma..have just had full blood count which was all clear..
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Neck USG (Ultrasound), OPG, TMJ Disorder

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. A Neck USG (Ultrasound) will settle the issue if you feel that any glands have been missed on examination.

2. Get Temporomandibular joint X-rays or an OrthoPantomoGram (OPG) to look for a TM Joint Disorder causing these symptoms.

4. If your blood tests are normal, it is unlikely that this is part of a widespread arthritis. especially if your autoimmune workup has been done.

5. A lymphoma will have many more progressive symptoms and is unlikely to be missed. You may follow up with your Neck USG and TMJ X-rays here.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.