Diagnosed with enlarged prostate. Developed burning sensation after urination and full feeling in rectum. Prostate cancer?

General Surgeon
I'm 63, have enlarged prostate diagnosed by nocturia, DRE and PSA TEST 6 months age. I have now developed a slight burning sensation after urination (sometimes) and also a full feeling in my front rectum. I'm worried it indicates prostatic cancer.
Thanks. Joe Curran
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 44 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Burning after urinating and pain around the anus is quite often symptom of prostate inflammation. You may also suffer from frequent urinating and blood in the urine can appear.
Please note that prostate cancer usually does not cause any pain at all. The pain appears when bones metastases appear. So you should not be worried about a cancer.
Your symptoms may also indicate urinary bladder infection or urethra infection.

I suggest you to visit your doctor and have urine analysis, blood work and PSA level checked. You should also consult urologist and have rectal examination done and transrectal ultrasound if necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.