Diagnosed with blocked fallopian tubes. Is it curable and is there a chance of natural conception?

May 2013
Hi, I am 28 years old and and I am too diagnosed with blocked fallopian tubes i.e left tube was not visible at the time of HSG and right tube has some little spill thereafter I went for quantum gold test where I diagnosed with positive result and then hystereoscopy.......... for mycobacterial TB which was negative

I just want to know is my right tube which has little spill is curable and there of natural conception or not.

Please help

Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 hours later

According to the facts that QuantiFERON-TB Gold test sometimes can give false positive results and your hysteroscopy showed negative result the chance of tuberculosis infection is less.
The partial block of the tube can be opened with laparoscopic surgery.
The possibility of conception with this depends on factors like:
Age of the patient (which also gives clue regarding ovarian function).
Extent of the blockage.
Site of the blockage.
Cause of the blockage etc.

So if your tubal blockage is minimal, located in areas other than ends of the tubes and tubes are healthy, after laparoscopic procedure there is 20 to 40% chance to get pregnancy in natural way .

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.