Diagnosed with ante vetted uterus and lower uterine segment fibroid. What to do if pregnancy occurs without surgery?

May 2013
I was told that my uterus is ante vetted and had a measurement of of 6.8 x 7.3 x 5.6 cm. there is a cavitary anterior lower uterine segment fibroid measuring 4.9 x 3.5 ... And I will need to have a surgery . What will happen if I get pregnant without taken this surgery and is this surgery a must ?
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Better to undergo treatment Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The treatment options of the fibroids depends on symptoms, size and location of the fibroid, age, parity etc. As you are having intracavity anterior lower uterine segment fibroid with size of around 5×3.5 cms, the possible problems that can arise are : -Because of larger size of the fibroid, menorrhagia, dysmenorrhea etc can occur. That can alter the menstrual cycle and can affect fertility. -As fibroid is in lower uterine segment, that can obstruct the ascent of spermatozoa. - May lead to defective implantation. -Size of the fibroid can increase during pregnancy and complications like red degeneration can occur. - It may make delivery difficult. All there are not to frighten you, but these are the possible problems that can occur. So, better to undergo treatment for fibroids before planning for pregnancy. For more details : WWW.WWWW.WW Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.