Diagnosed with adenomyosis. Key hole operation and ultrasound done. Is there any specific treatment?

Infertility Specialist
Question
Hi Dr Mia Lundi,
I'm XXXXXX from singapore, 35 year old and have been marriaged for 10 years.
I have been diagnosed with adenomyosis since 4 years ago and have done 2x key hole surgical operation & tried 2x IVF for conceive but failed.
Recently, i went for a scan and reported having enlarged uteruis, adenomyosis & adenomyoma in posterior wall, a fibriod in fundo anterior wall with
RO - few cysts of 10 - 13mm
LO - 55mm endometriotic cyst

Having all these diagnosed syndrome, is there any hope with pregnancy for me or any specific treatment can be done?

Rdgs, XXXXXX
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Dear XXXXXX

I have read your query in detail and I understand your concerns. I would like to address your problem in detail especially in view of adenomyosis & fibroids. Before that I would like to know following details.
1) Number & Size of follicles in both ovaries apart from cysts.
2) Results of any hormonal blood tests like Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH), Antimulllerian Hormone (AMH), etc., done recently.

If you have these details, kindly provide them as they will immensely help me to address your concerns better.

Awaiting your response

Follow-up: Diagnosed with adenomyosis. Key hole operation and ultrasound done. Is there any specific treatment? 29 hours later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX Koregol,
reply as follows:
1) Number & Size of follicles in both ovaries apart from cysts.:
(Scan result on 09 Apr'12)
Right Ovary:
Size 37mm x 28mm x24mm
Volume 13.0cm3
Few follocles of 3-9mm. Small hypoechoic area may be present.

Left Ovary:
Size 59mm x 48mm x60mm
Volume 89.0cm3
A 56 x 41 x39nn cyst with midgrey XXXXXXX echoes. Impression is endometriotic in origin.

(Scan result on 28 Jun'12)
Right Ovary:
Size 36mm x 27mm x31mm
Volume 15.8cm3
few cystic area of 10-13mm noted of 10 - 13mm

Left Ovary:
Size 47mm x 49mm x66mm
Volume 79.6cm3
A 56 x 42 x39nn cyst with midgrey XXXXXXX echoes. Impression is endometriotic in origin.
Uterus - enlarged, adenomyosis & adenomyoma in posterior wall, a fibriod in fundo -anterior wall

2) Results of any hormonal blood tests like Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH), Antimulllerian Hormone (AMH), etc., done recently - No. since last done on Apr'11

with rdgs, XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 27 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX thanks for detailed reply.

I am afraid I have more of bad news. As your results read and within my experience in this sub specialty I feel that your uterus has severe degree of adenomyosis. It is complicated further by fibroids.

I presume this could be reason for failed Invitro Fertilization. Further anymore IVF are also likely to fail. Hence I suggest you might have to go for alternatives like surrogate if your follicles are good enough to get fertilized and form embryo.

I am available for any more queries you have