Diagnosed with Zoons Balanitis. Should I go for circumcision and biopsy?
User rating for this question
HI I am from Calcutta I have been diagnosed with Zoons Balanitis in slightly upper portion of glans penis.The Urologist who saw me recommended an incision & biopsy of the affected portion on the skin.I would like to know wether this circumcision & biopsy should be done by a Urologist Surgeon or by General Surgeon.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Preferably by a Urologist Detailed Answer: Hi, Zoon's disease is actually a pathological diagnosis, meaning the specimen that is excised is sent for reporting of histopathological status, and only then labelled depending on what the pathologist finds. ideally this should be done by someone who handles these cases on a regular basis, and therefore if you know a general surgeon who has such volumes, you can consult him. If not, a better option would be a Urologist who usually see cases of balanitis more frequently. I also suggest you consult a good dermatologist with the final report, as sometimes you may need additional treatment with lasers.
People also viewed
- Is masturbating a lot bad for reproduction system
- Balanitis plasmacellularis circumcision
- Balanitis circumcised
- Circumcision balanitis breve
- Is it bad to take turmeric when on ivf
- Balanitis plasmacellularis zoon cure
- Frequent urine discharge problem
- Is it bad if pityriasis rosea spreds near eyes
- Frequent urination in 25 year old male
- I had a racing heartrate and now i am having bad headaches
- Frequent urination and unable to hold urine
- Is it bad to put a glycerin suppository in your vagina?
- Frequent urination bloated stomach burning stool
- Balanitis plasmacellularis zoon
- Frequent urination and stomach discomfort