Diagnosed with Stye in eyes. Applied otocomb otic ointment accidentally. What can be done?

Hi, my daughter was diagnosed with a sty in her eye. Today my mother has accidentally applied otocomb otic ointment into her eyes instead of the eye drops. It was applied one time only but is not to be used in the eyes. My question is, will the otocomb otic ointment cause any damage my daughters eyes?
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 40 minutes later
Hi there,
I can understand your concern,

Otocomb otic is generally NOT recommended for Opthalmic use,but accidentally with out knowing your mother applied it to eyes.

Dont be panic, you first wash her eyes with plenty of clean water as soon as possible. If irritation or redness persisits, you please visit nearest ophthalmologist.

If you need any further assistance,please get back to me I will be happy to help you.