Diagnosed with Klebsiella pneumoniae. Having Penile discharge. Medications?

I have Recently Been diagnosed with Klebsiella pneumoniae, That derived from a hospital stay i had a few Months back. I was having a Penile discharge for several weeks and The culture tests came back positive for the Klebsiella.

I was wondering What medications are used to treat This condition and If ciprofloxin was a option to be used for this disease. Thanls XXXXX
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Cephalosporins like cefixime will be better than ciprofloxacin.

You can start with cephalosporins, but the best thing is to do culture and sensitivity for organism.
As klebsiella has acquired resistance to many drugs.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you