Diagnosed with Grade 1 fatty infiltration of Liver. Bilirubin Total is 1.3mg/dL. How to reverse this liver disease?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with Grade 1 fatty infiltration of Liver. My HbA1c is 5.6.SGOT,SGPT readings are normal,However Bilirubin Total is 1.3mg/dL.Also Potassium under KFT is 135.cholestrol is 195.Iam occasional drinker .My age is 44 yrs ,height 6ft and weight is 86kgs.I regularly play sport for 1 hr. daily.

How to reverse this liver disease.

Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do reduce your weight, take UDCA and Evion

Detailed Answer:
Hello! I am a Gastroenetrologist (DM).

This grade 1 fatty liver disease may be due to increased cholesterol or may be due to intake of alcohol. So I will advise you to stop taking alcohol and continue with exercise that is sport. Take less fatty diet. Your BMI is 25.7 which suggest you are overweight. So you need to reduce your weight by both dieting and exercise. Also take tab ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) and cap Evion regularly

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with Grade 1 fatty infiltration of Liver. Bilirubin Total is 1.3mg/dL. How to reverse this liver disease? 8 minutes later
will liver suppliment help in this case.

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No liver supplement is not helpful at all.

Detailed Answer:
Hello! thanks for feedback. No liver supplement is not helpful at all. Best treatment is weight reduction and regular exercise and abstinence from alcohol. None other supplement is useful

Follow-up: Diagnosed with Grade 1 fatty infiltration of Liver. Bilirubin Total is 1.3mg/dL. How to reverse this liver disease? 3 minutes later
for how long 2 types of cap.recomended by you are to be taken.

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take them at least for 3 months

Detailed Answer:
Hello!Take them at least for 3 months and after which get repeat ultrasound abdomen for liver and lipid profile. If your weight is on decreasing trend and liver and lipid profile becomes normal then they may be stopped. Wish you a good health