Diagnosed with Clostridium difficile. What is the threat of transmitting to pregnant women?

I have been diagnosed with c-diff. My grandson just had t&a and my d-i-l is 8 weeks pregnant? Risks?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Start treatment for C.diff and quarantine yourself Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for your query. Firstly, I presume that your doctor must have already put on treatment for C.diff If not, I recommend that you consult your doctor immediately, who will prescribe appropriate treatment for the condition, so that your infection is cured at the earliest and that the threat of spreading the infection to your grandson and D.I.L, is over at the earliest. Further, till you are declared fit and no longer a threat of transmitting the infection, please do take the following precautions. # Keep yourself at a distance from them. Do not have physical contact with either of them. # Wash your hands with soap and water frequently. Do not rely just on alcohol-based hand sanitizers. # If your grandson or d.i.l shares the bathroom with you, please clean the surfaces in bathroom with chlorine bleach-based products. # If you have been doing the cooking, please wash your hands properly before using the kitchen. # Keep your personal soiled clothing separately and wash them separately with detergent and chlorine bleach. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: Diagnosed with Clostridium difficile. What is the threat of transmitting to pregnant women? 42 minutes later
I don't live with them but I did take care of my grandson several hours the day before seeing the dr. I am taking Flagyl for c-diff. Unfortunately I had -diff in 2008 after hysterectomy, so I know what I am facing. Yuk Thankyou for your reply
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: All will be well, XXXXX. Have faith in God Detailed Answer: Well, XXXXX. Let keep our fingers crossed. I pray that the little child did not contact any infection from you. Since you've already had C.diff earlier, I am sure you must have taken adequate precautions while handling your grandson. Please carry on with Flagyl and take it for at least 10 days. Good day to you and God Bless Dr. Rakesh Karanwal