Diagnosed benign cyst on thyroid. Is the supplement OxyElite Pro safe on thyroid and adrenal glands?

Is the supplement OxyElite Pro safe on thyroid and adrenal glands. I was recently diagnosed with a benign cyst on my thyroid and my thyroid is functioning normal. Not sure if this product is safe to take for weight lose due to its thyroid stimulating substances. I've taken this product in the past and have lost some weight, but wonder if it caused the cyst. Would like to lose about 5-7lbs for swimsuit season and not sure which supplement is safe. Have tried losing the weight without supplements and very difficult to do.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Prasad 9 hours later

There is no conclusive evidence to relate oxyelite pro to the benign thyroid cyst. Besides there isn't any scientifically proven data about the pharmacological effects, dosage and side effects it can cause on human body.

It is for this reasons, oxyelite pro is not used by clinician. Though I do not advice you to use oxelite pro, if the thyroid hormones are normal and you do not have any other side effects while using oxelite, you may continue with this product.

Discuss about its use with your treating doctor to avoid interactions with any other medical treatment that your doctor might prescribe.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concern.

Wish you good health.