Diabetic and vascular disease. Weakness in legs, headache, trouble in standing from a sitting position.

I have weakness in my legs above the knees. I have trouble standing from a sitting position without using the arms of chairs, etc. I am having headaches at night - waking me up, but have no history or sinus problems. I have diabetes and vascular disease. Should I see a neurologist?
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

You are showing features of proximal muscle weakness.

Your query : Should I see a neurologist?

Yes you should see a neurologist. A detailed examination is required to arrive at a diagnosis. Investigations are ordered depending on the examination findings. So please consult a neurologist for the same.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics