Diabetic and suffering from Grover's disease. Will it lead to deadly infection?

I have a 78 year old mother, type 1 diabetes for 55 years!! No kidney, eye problems- well controlled- however, hard for medical doctors to believe:) suffering from Grover's Disease- the skin lesions are unbearable- we have seen 3 dermatologists - had 3 biopsies- we need an expert medical person to see in California- willing to go anywhere for relief. I am afraid her itching will lead to a deadly infection! Help direct us??
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Grover's disease follows heat stress. Detailed Answer: Hi, I read short history regarding diseases of your mother. DM and Grover's disease. But, I would like to have detailed history of diseases and the the treatment given to her. And please describe about skin problem , Grover's disease and post the photograph of skin lesions. Tell me about histopathology reports of skin biopsies taken. After knowing all about diseases, treatment and skin lesions, I can give proper advice. Grover's disease is also known as transient acantholytic dermatosis. Most cases of Grover's disease last six to twelve months. Occasionally it may persist for longer, or come and go, often with a seasonal variation. The disease causes frequently itching,but sometimes no itching. Grover's disease can be precipitated by bed rest. The disease is most likely caused by blocked sweat ducts and can begin rather suddenly, resulting in itchy spots on a person's central back, mid-chest, and on occasion, elsewhere on the person's body. Grover's disease often follows heat stress. The itching and papulovesicular rash are frequently exacerbated by heat, sweating, ultraviolet light exposure, and hospitalization. It may be complicated by development of eczema after continuous itching. Due to DM ,lesions may be infected by bacteria. I may give proper advice after seeing photo of lesions and HP reports. Thanks. Dr. Ilyas Patel Md