Diabetic and lost sensation ion feet. Had a CXR, EKG and stress test. Could this be beginnings of Charcot's foot?

i've been a diabetic since '95. I am a retired Navy Corpsman and work at VA clinic as a phlebotomist. I stand quite a lot on my feet. I have had a swollen rt foot for a few months. I do have neuropathy and some lose of sensation in my feet. When I saw the swelling I talked with my doc at work and she had me get an ultrasound for DVT, but that was negative. Since then I've had a CXR, EKG, Echo Cardiogram, and a Stress Test, all thankfully have been WNL. Our Podiatrist just had me have comparison foot x-rays. The impression is what appears to be a subacute fx of the 2nd metatarsal w/evidence of healing. There is also some periosteal reaction fo the 4th metatarsal which could be secondary to injury. I don't remember injuring my feet and there is no telling when this injury could have occurred. The question is could this be the beginnings of Charcot's foot?
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. David Okia 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, its charcots foot. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for your question. Based on my experience and your history I think you had pathological fracture of metatarsal. This is quit common in most of my diabetic patients with charcots foot. I usually advice my patients to immobilize the affected limb and foot, have activity modification in your case, reduce the hours you stand and wear special shoes. Hope I answered your question will be happy to help you if you have other queries. Regards.