Diabetic. Taking prescribed medicine. Are these medicine safe?

Dear Sir,
I am XXXXXXX, Age 49, Diabetic past 7 years. Adviced by docter taking medicines daily. Request you to advice Medicine I am taking is correct or sugest best combination. If required my recent medical report sent to you by mail.
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Chitra Reddy 32 hours later

Thank you for posting your query,

Apart from the information provided by you, I would like to know,

If you had any cardiac problem (heart related problem) other than hypertension,
Do provide E.C.G report if available.

Coming to your medication, you are on good medication, but your blood glucose levels tend to be a bit higher, so I also need a word on your diet so that I can come up with advice regarding medication ,dosage and diet.

Please do mention regarding the eye that is functioning well(the right eye),like recent visit to ophthalmologist to check for cataracts or retinal changes and regarding any treatments like laser etc. because it needs maximum care to avoid even the minute damage that generally occurs in diabetes.

Also please re-mention your height.

Waiting for the information from you.
Thank you.
Follow-up: Diabetic. Taking prescribed medicine. Are these medicine safe? 10 hours later
Dear Doctor

Thanks a lot for your reply and advice. I had a annual medical check and that ECG reports shows good. No Gardiac problem found. Eye I am taking routine care with Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Eye Hospital every 3 months. Pure Vegitarian food only taken by me. Maximum i use to avoid oil/ chlostraol XXXXXXX food. My job is a Touring Marketing. weekly 3 to 4 days I will be in Business tour.

Tablets I am taking is correct or adviceable to change.

Answered by Dr. Chitra Reddy 15 minutes later
Thanks for the information.
Yes, your medication, as well as its dosage is good.
Adjust your metformin to 0-1-1.your PPBS levels gets better.
Check your blood pressure regularly and consult your doctor if there is wide change in blood pressure, so that he may do the changes required in your medication.
Please take diet as planned by dietitian if possible.
Hope I answered your queries.
Feel free to contact me for further queries.
Thank you.