Diabetic. Started loosing sensation in feet. Should I be concerned?

i am a diabetic on four needles a day...i have lost some feeling in my feet...i get them checked regulary...and the doc doesnt seem concerned...i am...should i be?....
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 32 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Loosing sensation in your feet means it may be diabetic foot condition. Diabetic foot is a really serious issue. Loss of sensation makes feet vulnerable to micro trauma and it can cause damage to the local area and infection on the are without knowing about it. Therefore, one should wear proper shoes and should examine her feet regularly to see if there is any problem. One should also be careful about the nails and should take care of them every several days.
Any wound in the foot area should be treated by doctor and it is really important.
Please be careful about your blood sugar as well. Let me know if you have any other question. I wish you a good health.