Diabetic. Prescribed glycomet before meals. Advise right way to have this medicine?

My mother and I are both diabetics. A common medicine that we have both been prescribed (by different doctors)
is Glycomet 500. Whilst she has been advised to have it after her meals, I have been advised to consume it before them. Pl advise the right way to have this med.
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

The active salt in Glycomet is metformin and the drug is taken with food. It is not taken on an empty stomach.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you and your mother all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal