Diabetic. On NERVB. What is the dosage? Can Tonact and ecosprin prevent heart attacks?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am a diabetic type 2 patient and having NERVB two times per day. I want to know if the dosage is correct. Also I am taking TONACT 20 along ecosprin 75 mg.. Please tell me if it is correct. Can it prevent Heart attacks or remove blockage in arteries.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 36 minutes later
Hi there.

Do you have any pain over the legs or any other part of the body?

Do you have any kidney or liver problems?

The medicine NERVB is used for severe nerve pain which occurs due to nerve problem which results from Diabetes. It also has Vitamin B which is needed for nerve protection. This dose is correct and commonly employed by most Doctors in prescribing for Diabetic patients, provided kidney function is adequate.

TONACT 20 removes cholesterol from the body which reduces the risk of heart attack. Ecosprin 75 is a drug which prevents blockage in blood vessel due to clots. This definitely reduces chance for heart attack. Both doses are correct provided kidney and liver function are adequate.

The most important way to prevent further health deterioration and heart attacks, you will need to employ strict diet and exercise regime. Avoid high carbohydrate and fatty or oily diet. Eat diet XXXXXXX in proteins, fibre like fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Keep yourself well hydrated. Keep blood sugar in control everyday which is of utmost importance to prevent further nerve and kidney damage and also reduces the risk of heart attack. Do daily moderate exercises like walking for 20-40 minutes. Get 6-8 hours of sleep. Reduce stress by doing Yoga which also reduces chance of heart attack.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.