Diabetic. Infection grown in toe nail. Use saline solution. Having pus. Can I use polysporin?

I had an infected ingrown toe nail worked on by a chiropodist two days ago. She said to use a saline solution on it and cover it . I have done that. tonight it has some more pus coming from it. I am diabetic . can I use polysporin until I can see a doctor.
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

It seems like a new infection has set in to the ingrown nail post the procedure by the chiropodist. The possibility is more as are Diabetic.

Yes, you can use Polysporin ointment locally until the time you get to see a doctor.

Get well soon.