Diabetic. Having symptoms of heart attack. Can such victim go untreated and still survive?

can a heart attack victim go untreated and survive. i think that i have been experiencing symptoms for a little over a week.
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 32 minutes later
Welcome to health care magic,
I read your mail with diligence .Heart attack patients can survive without treatment also.
Usually diabetic patients does not have chest pain ,in these patients heart attack go unnoticed, and they will present as heart failure symptoms because of reduced pumping functions after heart attack.
This type of heart attacks are called as silent myocardial infarction.
In diabetes patients even short XXXXXXX of breath is called as angina equivalent, so if this type of symptoms are there they should immediately consult a doctor and should take treatment.
I think I have cleared your doubt.
If you have any further queries let me know.
Thank you.