Developed small white spots on the shaft of penis. Uncircumcised. Had unprotected sex. Lot of itching. Used Menthol. Remedy?

Pediatrician
Question
I have developed very small white spots on the shaft of penis. They are more on lower right side of shaft and gradually decrease towards glance. I am uncircumcised. There is a lot of itching also, especially on glance it is more and less towards bottom of scrotum. Glance also have small red dots but very negligible in appearance. I am sexually active. I had unprotected intercourse around 6 months back and protected 1 month back. I had oral sex some 20 days back. I bath properly and clean area under foreskin also so hygiene is not an issue. I have been applying a cream containing
*Clotrimazole
* Menthol
* Boric Acid
* Zinc Oxide.
Itching subsides after applying cream. But starts few hours later.
Please advice.
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection is the probable cause.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear friend

Welcome to the platform of Health care magic.

As you have narrated the symptoms. they all point towards the Tenia (fungal)infection.

Dermatologist consultation will help you.He may ask for some investigation like local skin scrappings to know the cause and will advice you some antifungal cream along with steroidal content.
Some antfungal oral drugs may also be prescribed you for proper eradication of infection

This will alleviate your symptoms and disease.

Hope the query is answered

Please feel free for more clarification.

Thanks

Follow-up: Developed small white spots on the shaft of penis. Uncircumcised. Had unprotected sex. Lot of itching. Used Menthol. Remedy? 5 hours later
I just noticed that my urine is darker and warmer than usual and itching increases in glance area when i urinate. I am also feeling that apart from itching on some parts of penis bottom and scrotum bottom, itching is inside glance penis (inside as in on urinary track). Will you still stay with same diagnosis?

Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probable spot diagnosis is scabies,plus UTI

Detailed Answer:
By the photograph it can be labelled as Scabies, As scabies is quickly spreading infection, it needs to be checked urgently. Other wise it may spread to whole body or some times to other members of the family.

Used clothes should be boiled for at least 20 minutes. If not possible then they should be steamed iron throughly before and after washing.

Never mix with others clothes.

Bed linen should also be treated in the same manner.

Apply the scabicidal lotion/cream like permethrin or gama benzene Hexachloride etc thoroughly from head to toe once a day especially in the nights sparing eyes, nose and mouth consecutively three days with out bathing so that all the infestations and there larvas are eradicated.

Second problem is little different from scabies-->UTI.
Urine routine examination and culture sensitivity test of urine is necessary to know the cause of urine infection.
Some alkaliser and relevant antibiotic according to the culture report will also eradicate this problem.

Further clarification is welcomed

Thanks

Follow-up: Developed small white spots on the shaft of penis. Uncircumcised. Had unprotected sex. Lot of itching. Used Menthol. Remedy? 6 hours later
That sounds very serious. What causes this scabies? How does this spread? What is the level of seriousness? I am worried now. Shall I consult some specialist? And applying the said lotion without bathing- does this mean, not to bath for 3 days? and UTI might be my confusion because I noticed that itching is in foreskin only and urine is also clear now. But I am not sure about it.

Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Scabies not serious and treatable; but contageous.

Detailed Answer:
You need not to panic. But take early action to stop its spread

Scabies is easily treatable and can be eradicated completely with proper treatment. Three days application of the aforementioned lotion can be effective.

UTI can be ruled out with urine culture.
Dermatologist will help you.

Hope for the best
Thanks
Dr I H Naqvi