Developed shortness of breath accompanied by abdominal pain. Had spirometry. Should do some other tests?

Hello, i developed shortness of breath. It comes and go during the day but i think its accompanied with upper abdominal center pain (below sternum) which is constant for 2 months. Went to cardiologist, did stress test and echocardiography, results were normal so i think that i could rule out cardiac problem. Had x-ray of chest and they said it is normal. Also had spirometry and they said the test result is normal and that my lungs sound normal so there is nothing wrong with them. Should i do some other tests to rule out lung disease?
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 4 days later
Brief Answer:
You may take a Bronchial Provocation Test`.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Since your cardiac work up and x XXXXXXX as well as spirometry is normal, the shortness of breath could be related to the gastritis. The pain in the upper abdomen is due to gastritis.

Along with gastritris, you could also be having acid reflux disease and it is known to caue/aggravate breathlessness especially in people with asthma or hyperresponsive airways. My next question would be`Are you allergic to dust, smoke or anything else`?

You may go in for a `Bronchial Provocation Test` which may help in establishing the diagnosis of hyper responsive XXXXXXX of airways which is causing shortness of breath.You may also consult a GE physician to rule out `Acid Reflux Disease`
Follow-up: Developed shortness of breath accompanied by abdominal pain. Had spirometry. Should do some other tests? 29 hours later
I went to gastroenterologist and i was diagnosed with GERD and hiatal hernia. So now i can tell that shortness of breath comes along with chest discomfort so this could probably be due to acid reflux. I will try to take the Bronchial Provocation Test to see if i also have asthma.
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Good! You should also take BPT.

Detailed Answer:

I`m happy that finally diagnosis of GERD or Acid Reflux is established. Once you start taking treatment for it, your pain epigastrium will improve. Shortness of breath may also improve but you should take BPT and if required you can be started with treatment. It will further improve your symptoms.