Developed red blotchy itchy skin on arms and stomach with acidic burning in stomach. Related?

I have developed red blotchy itchy skin on upper inside of arms, buttocks, stomach and inside and behind knees. Skin feels almost hot and is dry but not flaky. Seems to worsen when I have noticible acidic burning in stomach. Could they be related? This has been going on for past several months and has never completely gone away since. The redness and itchiness may Is less one day and more severe the next. I have a family history of diabetes but have never been diagnosed with it. I went through a period several weeks ago of being extremely tired but seem to have more energy now. The only other symptom which causes the itch to worsen is a burning like acid indigestion. The rash is not raised. Blood pressure has been 120/75. No other symptom except for occasional swelling in ankles after standing or sitting too long.
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 29 minutes later

With your history, it can be said that the rash is affecting only flexural area.

Now most important rash occuring in flexures is of Atopic Dermatitis.

But atopy is unlikely at this age. I would like to know do you have a family history of asthma or any allergy.

You could probably post a picture of the lesion, so that I can comment specifically. You have a feature to upload the picture by yourself on the right side of this query page. You may want to utilize it.

For now, to get some relief from your symptoms please use calamine lotion and take some antihistamine like cetrizine upto 10 mg.

Please upload the photograph and feel free to ask, if you have further queries.

Wishing you a good health.

Thank you