Developed rash, no pain and no itchiness. Applied cortisone, no improvement. Suggest

General Surgeon
Ia rash developed suddenly 5 days ago, no pain or itchiness. Red spots that seem to fuse, it has only spread a little. No scabs either. I have currently a flare up of ulcerative colitis, in case that is related ? i don't feel i have had contact with any allergen. I have seen a doctor who cave me topical cortisone with no improvement, i did however have a blood test ( no results yet ) Hope to get an idea before I next visit my gastroenterologist. Pam
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
I saw the image of your rash.
It is not scabies.
It looks like Erythema nodosum which is associated with Ulcerative colitis.
Usually it is self limited.
In your case,the lesions will disappear once the ulcerative colitis is cured.
Please take complete treatment as per your gastro enterologist advice
It will come down.
Wish you speedy recovery