Developed lymphedema after a mastecomy. Having dark yellow urine. Are they related?

I (female age 71) have developed lymphedema after a mastecomy of the right breast which was a successful surgery.The surgery was Sept. 21, 2012 and the lymphedema began about a week ago in the chest area above and below the incision. At this point it is not in the arm or hand. I started Armidex 1 mg. daily about four days ago. No chemo or radiation. The appearance of bright yellow urine appeared at about the same time. I had one treatment for lymphedema with hand massage and several days later with LymphStar Pro by a trained technician. This is an electronic massage tool that stmulates nerves and muscles to increase lymph flow. Is there a connection between the lymph nodes beginning, perhaps, to get unplugged and the increased yellow color in the urine. I drink a fair amount of water, and, usually, the urine is more the color of lemonade. I take hydrochlorothiazide and potassium as well. Thank you...
Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later
The dark yellow color of your urine is not likely to be due to an increased lymph flow after the massage that you are getting.
Lymph does not come out of the body through the kidneys.
The high colored urine is more likely to be due to a concentrated urine or due to hydrochlorothiazide that you are taking. You can increase your fluid intake, check for any pigmented food materials that you might be consuming and get yourself examined to rule out jaundice.
In case the dark color persists, then you might go for a urine examination to detect any abnormalities.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.