Developed large lumps on forehead. What could be these?

I recently developed 3 fairly large lumps on my forehead. It started above the bridge on my nose on both sides and now one more in middle of my forehead. They came on fairly suddenly
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 31 minutes later

Thanks for writing here.

Suddenly appearing lumps most probably suggest bacterial infection.

Area around face has XXXXXXX blood supply and is susceptible to infection.

Infections occurring in such areas are skin deep and occur in subcutaneous tissue. They may occur in case you tried to rupture small pimple like lesions. They can spread rapidly causing pain and swelling.

Do not try to squeeze or rupture the lumps. Apply cold compresses over it like ice, which will give some soothing effect.

There is no role of topical antibiotics in such cases. Systemic antiboitics like amoxycylin and clavulinic acid are required in such cases along with anti inflamatory drugs like diclofenac and seratopeptidase combination. Your treating doctor will adjust dose accordingly.

I hope this can solve your query. If you have any concerns i will be happy to help you.Take care.