Ask a Urologist   »  

Developed itchy lumps on foreskin. How to get rid of these lump?

Allergist and Immunologist
I developed lumps about b.b.size near the end of my foreskin literaly overnight. There is s minor itichyness. They are not from intercourse because i have been celebate for over a year
Posted Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 2 hours later

Such lumps are most likely sebaceous cysts and are normal.

Do not try and squeeze them or to remove them yourself. If you think there is yellow pus or redness then an infection is likely for which you need to see an urologist. Otherwise just leave them as it is.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Follow-up: Developed itchy lumps on foreskin. How to get rid of these lump? 9 hours later
Will they go away, or do they have to be removed?
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 18 minutes later
Most of the time, they do fade away in a few weeks. Sometimes, this requires a surgical procedure to drain the cyst and treated with isopropyl alcohol (of course has to be a sterile procedure); so see the doctor if you want this done.