Developed itchy areas around pelvic area. Foreskin swollen. Prescribed over the counter drugs. Rashes spreading to thighs and stomach. Cure?

At the beginning of the spring, I started to develop itchy areas mainly around my pelvic area. When my foreskin got swollen,I went to a walk in clinic to be tested for every STI and it all came out negative. I then went to my family doctor and he prescribed me over the counter medicine saying it was simply allergies.( Aerius ). This was 3 weeks ago. The situation is only getting worse. The "rash" has now spread onto my thighs, stomach, ribs and back. I also get red circles that seem to be more raised around the edges on my hands and feet. I have checked my house for bed bugs as this could be the reason but, upon taking some baseboards off and looking carefully at my couch and bed, I have not found any. I don't feel this could be just allergies. It gets soo itchy sometimes. I'm becoming lesas social and wear pants and sweater all the time to hide it. Please, any advice would be nice.
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Thank you so much for this query. I am Dr. Ditah and feel honored having this opportunity to address your health questions today. I am so sorry to hear about this recent itchy rash on your body. I a also sorry for all the inconveniences this has caused you. together, we shall do all to help you find a long lasting solution to this.

From the description of the rash, your symptoms and a review of the images you have provided, the suspicion for a dematomycosis is high on my list. These are rashes caused by fungal species. They are often very itchy, circular in size with active external borders that increase circumferentially with central clearing. They are generally treated with local acting anti fungal agents like miconazole cream. But seen the extensive nature of your rash, it may be more prudent to use a systemic agent like griseofulvin. This should be able to take care of this infection.

My suggestion will be that you XXXXXXX with your physician and discuss this possibility with him. He will examine you and confirm these findings. He will also identify and prescribe the appropriate doses of the antifungals to take care of your condition. For the mean time, if the itches are too inconveniencing, then you may want to try drugs like loratadine, chlorphenamine for relief while you get the appropriate treatment.

hope this answers your query fully. If there are any specifics you had wish for that I have not addressed, Please, ask follow up questions and I will be very happy to address them. Once more, thank you so much for this opportunity.I wish you good health. Let me hear from you with the progress on this.
Dr. Ditah, MD.