Developed itching around waistline. Temporary relief from mycoderm powder. Any effective cure?

I have developed itching around my waistline since few months now. I am very hesitant to visit doctor. I am using Mycoderm powder which gives relief from itching but it starts again when it gets moist there. Moreover due to continues itching I have few patches of skin which is very thin kind of wrinkled skin which gets hurt while i shave pubic hairs.

Can you suggest me some medicines to be used for this and also please give me something that I can buy without prescription.
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
From the description provided, it seems you have intertrigo. It is characterized by itchy red raw looking moist area, which may wrinkle when it dries. It is usually seen in body areas, which are warm, moist prone to sweating.

For treatment, you may try a steroid antifungal combination (like clotrimazole beclomethasone combination, if not available OTC, you may mix hydrocortisone cream and clotrimazole cream in equal amounts) and apply it twice in a day over affected area. To relieve itching take any oral antihistamine like cetirizine. Do not shave the area as long as the lesions persist. Try to keep the area dry and ventilated as much as possible. After bathing, dry the area properly and dust it with mycoderm powder. I hope that in a week lesions should subside.

I would always encourage a visit to dermatologist nearby for proper follow up when being on treatment.
Hope that helps. Should there be any other query, feel free to write back.