Delayed periods, headaches, stomach cramps, swollen breasts, leg cramps. Causes and treatment ?

I'm a 29 y/o female, 125 lbs, 5'3" women. I am 4 weeks late on my period, frequent headaches and stomach cramps with extremely sore and swollen breasts, and frequent leg cramps. I went to the ER and had a positive d-dimer test (0.8) but negative chest ct scan but my other labs were good except a slight anemia. I also have taken 5 pregnancy tests and all have been negative. What doctors should I go see and what might be wrong with me.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 22 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query and for using Health Care Magic.

You symptoms are multiple and varied and do not fit into one particular disease.

Frequent headaches at your age is most likely due to Migrane. Such headaches are moderate to severe and associated with nausea and vomiting. Some times patients find it difficult to look at lights or talk to people.. Travel, exposure to sun,Skipping Meals, Stress etc aggravates such headaches.

The soreness and swelling of breasts are likely due to Cyclical and Hormonal Changes. You mentioned that you have missed your periods and pregnancy test is negative. You might need to to undergo further tests to evaluate why you missed your periods.

Good that your CT angiogram is negative - You don't have to worry about pulmonary embolism.

I would suggest you to consult a Physician as well as an Obstretician and Gynaecologist.

You might need to undergo Ultrasound Abdomen, Beta HCG testing (Confirmatory for Pregnancy), thyroid profile.

Hope this answers your query.

I will be available for follow up.
Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran