Delayed periods, contracting pain in the uterus. Pregnancy tests negative. Spotting present. History of chlamydia and gonorrhea

My period is now 68 days late!! I've done 9 pregnancy tests and all negative! Two weeks ago I had around 8 days of blood spotting with some brownish discharge. I have lower abdominal discomfort especially when moving around and more so if I orgasm! It feels like contracting pain in my uterus and ovaries! I'm 5"4 and weigh 13stone! I had Chalmydia and gonerreha about 3 years ago! My periods have always been regular! The pain in my abdomen is getting increasingly more alarming to me! I had a smear test 2 years ago that was normal! What could be wrong with me????
Posted Mon, 4 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 4 hours later
Delayed periods are very commonly seen
They generally occur with some changes like weight change, change of place, relationship, sickness, stress etc.
If it does not recur there is not much reason to be worried about.
They are also associated with ovarian cysts.
Since there is no pregnancy the best course of action is to do a pelvic ultrasound and take a course of antibiotic as there is lower abdominal pain and history of chlamydia and gonorrhea.
For the periods you may decide to wait for take progesterone tablets for withdrawl bleeding (periods induced by medication).
Best Wishes