Delayed periods after having unprotected sex. What could be the reason?

Excellent

Question
my period is 6 days late after sex.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I understand that your periods are late by 6 days after sexual intercourse. I would require few more details from your end to give you a specific response.

Please let me know the date of your last period.

Are your periods regular?

Were you in your fertile days when you had sex? If yes, there are chances of you being pregnant.

Please write more relevant information regarding the same for me to help you better.

regards,

Follow-up: Delayed periods after having unprotected sex. What could be the reason? 4 minutes later
my last period date was 23 september. not regular, every month two or three days late.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
wait for a week more

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

You have not answered to all my questions. However, thanks for mentioning the last period date.

I would suggest you to wait for a week more to get your periods. If you still do not get it, then you may do a urine pregnancy test at home to check for pregnancy.

If not pregnancy, then other causes like cystic ovaries, thyroid dysfunction, stress needs to be ruled out.

I wish you could also reply to my other queries along with the mention of the date of having sexual intercourse.

Follow-up: Delayed periods after having unprotected sex. What could be the reason? 6 minutes later
20 october sexual intercourse date.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pregnancy unlikely

Detailed Answer:

If your periods are regular i.e. if you have your periods monthly once, then it is highly unlikely for you to be pregnant. This is because you had sexual intercourse on 20th October 2013, and you are most likely to be unfertile at this day.

So, please relax. Wait for a week more. You will get your periods most likely in next one week.

Take care!