Delayed period. Taken regestron. Is it safe? Get my period?

Hi , my periods are delayed from 20 days , i have taken REGESTRON 5MG for 3 days thrice daily ...Is it safe and when will i have my periods ?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Follow-up: Delayed period. Taken regestron. Is it safe? Get my period? 14 minutes later
I am having all the side effects of regestron as in light abdominal pain , vomiting sensation ... My query is whether Regestron 5mg is taken for postponement of periods or it induces delayed periods after taking the tab ....?
Follow-up: Delayed period. Taken regestron. Is it safe? Get my period? 7 minutes later
i have done pregnancy test thrice but the results were negative,i am having all the symptoms which i get during periods,but still m not getting my periods
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 32 minutes later

Thank you for posting the query.

Regestrone 5 mg belongs to progestogens class of drugs. It is usually given to postpone periods. It has to be taken 3 days before the onset of menstruation so that periods is delayed.

Your pregnancy tests are negative thrice. You are unlikely to be pregnant.

It is advised to XXXXXXX a gynaecologist and get yourself examined for other causes of amenorrhoea (absence of periods) like polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid disorders etc.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Delayed period. Taken regestron. Is it safe? Get my period? 1 hour later
Thnkq fr the reply , how long the period is delayed after taking this tab , As in this tab was taken fr thrice a day for three days , today is th fifth day tat means already two days are over without taking this tab ... accoeding to you when i will have period ...
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later
Thanks for writing back,

Periods is delayed for however long you take the medicine.

Menstruation usually occurs 3 to 5 days after stopping the medicine. You may wait for 3 more days and watch.

If you do not get your periods after 3 days too, then consult a gynaecologist.