Ask a Urologist   »  

Deformity in penis, dislocated. Suggest cause and remedy

Yes doctor... I just started having a problem with my penis.... if your looking down at your penis and the head is straight out. Not the foreskin but right underneath of the head from the tip back about one inch. it has turned to hard skin. Real hard. when I get an erection the head lays to the left like dislocated. the best way i can describe it if u took the head off and from the tip 1 inch back it is hard skin looking a nose plug u would use for swimming over your nose.. over the front of the penis but, under the head................
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 38 minutes later

Based on the description of the problem you provided I suspect you to have Peyronie's disease (Penile Fibromatosis).

The cause of such deformity is usually unknown or could sometimes be related to minor trauma penis sustained during intercourse or an accident. Also some drugs used to control high blood pressure are being considered the culprit.

Treatment with medications is usually unsatisfactory and is with drugs like Vitamin E, Pentoxifylline etc. The definitive treatment for such a defect is surgery and an urologist can plan on the exact procedure after examining you.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Deformity in penis, dislocated. Suggest cause and remedy 51 minutes later
I use antenol blood pressure med... I used more than my dose for about a week.... Makes sense...I see alot of so called cures on line... No medicine/natural cures???
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Do not alter the dosage of medications on your own. Do get the blood pressure medications revised by your treating doctor.

I have mentioned some medical cures in my above post, please do discuss about the same with your treating doctor.

Wish you good health.