Deep bruise on hips,discoloured,indentation,fibrosis

i fell about 6 weeks ago and had a very large, very XXXXXXX brusie on the fat of my buttock. THe brusie is gone, the buttock is still tender and a tiny bit disclored ( tan) but there is a serious "dent" in my butt that is about 5 inches long by 2 inches XXXXXXX what is this, will it go away, shoudl i do anything?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 17 minutes later

Since you had a bad bruise and hematoma formation after the fall, the indentation is a result of that. This is found during the healing process after bruise and is because of the healing process that cause necrosis (death) of fat cells and deposition of calcium into the skin or due to fibrosis in the area. This can lead to an area of skin that is hardened or even depressed and is very common in the gluteal or hip region/ muscles.

I suggest you to get it examined from your healthcare provider. It can go away on its own if it is superficial. Since the indentation (large diameter with depth) is large it is very unlikely to heal by itself.

You need a consult with a General Surgeon to get the right opinion after examination.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.