Dark skin area and marks on buttocks. How to remove?

I have very dark skin area and marks on my buttocks. Under my leg and between legs can they be removed and why do I have it?
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
seems to be acanthosis nigricans.Peel will be help

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing here.

Dark skin seems to be due to acanthosis nigricans.

It is a condition where there is formation of extra layers of skin forming hyperpigmented skin.

It is associated with obesity,Diabetes etc.

Constant friction due to wearing tight clothes can also aggravate the condition.

Do control your weight.Use loose cotton undergarments.

Check for blood sugar if there is positive family history.

Treatment of such dark spots is somewhat difficult.

Chemical peels along with depigmentaory creams will give faster results.Such treatments can be done in a dermatologists office set up.They are less time consuming and give excellent results.

Hope this will solve your query.In case of any concerns I will be happy to help you.