Dark red rash in pubic area, white areas present, fungal infection ?

I have a dark red rash in my pubic area its not fully red all over, there are white areas inside it.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 1 hour later

Thank you for the query,

I would like to ask few leading questions here which would help me diagnose your condition better.
1) Is the lesion itchy or painful.
2) How long you have been having this.
3) Are you on any medication for any condition.
4) Do you get itching between your finger web-spaces.
5) Is itching more in night.
6) Kindly specify the location of the lesion too.

With the minimal history what you have given ,to me it seems to be a fungal infection.We do see redness and itching in fungal infection.

The treatment of this would be oral antifungal medicines along with topical anti fungal creams.

If you can provide me with the above details ,I would be able to help you better.

Follow-up: Dark red rash in pubic area, white areas present, fungal infection ? 1 hour later
answers respectively.

1. NOt really itch or painfull at all. occasional slight itch. rare.
2. for 4 days
3. No
4. No
5. No
6. Located to the right of my penis in the main pubic area
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 6 hours later
Hi again,

Thank you for your reply,

With this history , I would consider it probably a fungal infection and you may require a course of anti fungal medication and topical anti fungal creams.

Do consult a dermatologist who after examination confirm and prescribe you the required medicines .

Wish you good health,