Dark marks on skin after having Scabies on legs. How to remove them?

I am 20 years old male, heigh is 1ft 9 weight 175 pounds. I have a problems with my skin. I used to have scabies a lot on my legs. After they are gone, there are still many dark marks on my legs. I don't know how to get rid of them. Can anyone help me?
Posted Thu, 21 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

The dark marks which are left over the areas previously affected with scabies are due to healing process.

The healing involves removal of the debris and the foreign material present in the affected area.This involves chemical mediators which not only clear the infection but damage the skin causing scarring and hyperpigmentation.

A cream like Elocon applied to the affected area twice daily will help in getting rid of the problem.

Do consult a dermatologist for the same.

Please do accept my answer with a review, if satisfying.

Wish you good health.