Dandruff, reddish marks. Does dermadew soap help to remove marks on the skin?

does dermadew soap help to remove marks on the skin caused by dandruff.what are the other ways of removing these marks.These are redish marks which are since years and still continue to grow in number.
Posted Mon, 25 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 50 minutes later

Thanks for posting query.

Dandruff usually does not cause any XXXXXXX on the skin.

The marks you see may be due to other fungal infection called Tinea versicular.

Dermadew is anti acne soap and has its effect on acne and has moisturizing effect on the skin. Dermadew has no anti fungal effect.

In your case it is better to consult skin specialist and get it diagnosed.

If these marks are due to fungal infection then anti fungal lotion locally and oral anti fungal medicine will be required.

Hope I answered your query.

If you have any further clarification, please do not hesitate to ask. I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Dandruff, reddish marks. Does dermadew soap help to remove marks on the skin? 11 hours later
can u suggest me some medicines which i can apply externally and get these marks cured.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi Shahdeepshikhaji,

There are few brands which are available over the counter such as Multifungin lotion, cloderm lotion, Micoderm lotion, etc. They are effective against most fungal infection. You may try these topical agents.

The topical agents can be supplemented with oral antifungal prescribed by your local doctor for effective control. Hence I encourage you to consult your local dermatologist for detailed examination of the rashes. He/she will carefully look at the rashes, perform a few test such as skin scraping for fungus and microscopic study/biopsy before prescribing you the treatment.

Hope this answers your query. If you do not have any further query or clarification, you may close the discussion and rate this answer. Yet, I am available to address any other queries which you may have.

Thank you and wish you good health.