Cut on penis and unprotected penis tip went into infected anus. Slight cut on penal gland. Any risk of HIV?

General Surgeon
Question
Cut on penis with hiv infected partner, unprotected penis tip went into infected guys anus for a few secs. I had slight cut on my penal XXXXXXX What's my hiv risk
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
High risk, consider post exposure prophylaxis

Detailed Answer:
Namasthe
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
As You had unprotected exposure the risk of exposure is high and it has the highest risk among various forms of unprotected sexual exposure.
I would suggest you the following
1.Kindly consult your doctor immediately who will advise you anti retro-viral drug for post exposure prophylaxis, sooner it is taken better it is. It drastically brings down the risk of getting HIV if ideally taken within 72 hours of exposure.
2.Immediately wash the exposed penis with water, do not squeeze.
3. Avoid exposing others to risk
4. Once you have started post exposure prophylaxis get your baseline HIV Test including P24 activeness assay.
5. Avoid sexual contact with others in the window period.

Be relaxed, approach your Physician or Health service provider who will assist you. Remember that risk of you getting infection can be significantly reduced if post exposure prophylaxis is started at earliest.
I hope I have answered your query.
Do get back to me for further queries after you have been started on anti retro-viral drugs.